Monday, September 22, 2014

Utopian Society..

Yesterday, you got to start working on your Utopian Society. I was really impressed with the conversations I heard and some of you were quite creative.

I want you to "visit" a society that considers themselves a Utopian Society. Go on a virtual tour of the Twin Oaks Society by clicking on the following link: http://www.twinoakscommunity.org/.


Once you are there click on the "About". Read over the information they supply and try your best to picture yourself there. Would you like it? Why? Why not? Would you start your own Utopian Society?

How many people do they have in their community?

How much land do they have?

What sort of jobs do they have?

Who makes the decisions there?

What do they do for recreational purposes?

Can you become a member? How?

Answer those questions in the comment box below. Then elaborate on whether or not you would choose to live in that society.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't live in this society because of the way you couldn't freely get in by your own format email. I did though however like the very rural area. I wouldn't live here also due to the 42 hrs a week and you don't earn money from what I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gary, you and your money.

      The reason they don't have get "paid" is because their work is helping to sustain their community. They don't "need" money because everyone thing is "paid for" by their hard work. It's a cycle.

      Delete
  2. I agree with gary on this one because you can work but you don't get paid

    ReplyDelete